Cardiac surgeons within the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center provide patients with comprehensive and personalized care available in a manner that is as comfortable as possible for them and their families.
Patients come from all over the world to undergo cardiac surgery at the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center. They have every resource of the hospital's vast expertise available to them, including extensive educational materials and access to promising new therapies through clinical trials.
Cardiac Surgical Services at the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center
Guides to anesthesia and surgery at the CORRIGAN MINEHAN Heart Center
Download and print our guides to anesthesia and surgery:
Our leading cardiac surgeons treat patients within several of the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center's condition-specific programs:
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Service
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Program
- Congenital Heart Disease Program
- Coronary Artery Disease Program
- Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program
- Heart Valve Program
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program
- Structural Heart Disease Program
- Thoracic Aortic Center
Innovative Procedures Designed to Treat Heart Disease
For the heart's valves
For the heart’s blood vessels
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (bypass surgery)
- Robotic-assisted cardiac bypass
For the aorta, the heart’s largest artery
- Ascending aneurysm repair with an interposition tube graft
- Aortic valve-preserving aneurysm repair
- Composite aortic root replacement
- Aortic arch surgery
- Thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair
- Stent graft repair
To treat heart failure
To treat adult congenital heart disease
To treat heart rhythm conditions
Access to Promising New TreatmentsCardiac surgeons from the Mass General Corrigan Minehan Heart Center participate in national clinical studies evaluating new technologies and devices to treat heart disease. This allows us to bring our patients promising new treatments as quickly as possible.
Patients interested in participating in clinical trials can browse online for open trials.