Massachusetts General Hospital’s specialty-trained radiologists provide a written second opinion on your diagnostic imaging tests, including X-ray, CT, MRI, PET, and ultrasound examinations.
Why choose Mass General for a second opinion?
Mass General Imaging
Second Opinion Service
175 Cambridge Street, Suite 200
Boston, MA 02114
As a patient, you have your choice of which doctors should interpret your medical imaging examinations. Our unique second-opinion service allows you to access Mass General’s subspecialty radiologists, who are also faculty at Harvard Medical School. After reviewing your diagnostic tests, our specialists will provide a written second-opinion interpretation to you and your referring physician for X-rays, CTs, MRIs, PET scans and ultrasound examinations. Your interpretation is provided by a radiologist with specialty training in the area of the body being studied.
- Our radiologists are subspecialists who are capable of seeing and understanding image subtleties because of advanced training and singular focus.
- Our radiologists are part of the Mass General Department of Radiology, where they work within teams tightly focused on their areas of specialization.
- Our radiologists are part of Mass General's multidisciplinary care centers: the Cancer Center, Digestive Healthcare Center, the Institute for Heart, Vascular & Stroke Care, and the MassGeneral Hospital for Children.
How to get a second opinion
- Register online using POSC (Partners Online Specialty Consultations).
- If you have any questions, please contact POSC by telephone at 617-724-9295 or 888-456-5003.
A representative can speak with you to help guide you through the process.
- Alternatively, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us directly at 617-643-9820.