Physicians from Mass General Vein Care, conveniently located in Stoneham, MA, provide specialized care to patients with venous disease, including varicose veins and spider veins.
- Call 781-438-8117 for more information or to request an appointment
- View maps and directions
Expert Care in a Community Setting
our STONEHAM TEAM
These and other clinicians are also available to see patients in Boston and other community locations.
Mass General Vein Care
21 Montvale Avenue
Stoneham, MA 02180
Hours: Weekdays, 8:00 am-5:00 pm (occasionally extended hours and Saturdays. Call for details)
Mass General Vein Care comprises a team of board-certified vascular surgeons, registered nurses and licensed medical aestheticians who use innovative approaches and the latest technologies to assess, diagnose and treat patients with venous disease. We offer many minimally and non-invasive procedures to treat conditions such as varicose veins, venous leg ulcers, pelvic venous conditions, as well as spider veins and vascular birthmarks. Our practice is conveniently located in Stoneham, MA.
Minimally Invasive Treatments and Services
We evaluate each patient's condition and customize a treatment plan that addresses the underlying problem, not just the symptoms. We specialize in the following procedures and therapies:
- Endovenous laser therapy, an ultrasound-guided technique that uses an optical fiber and laser light to treat varicose veins. This is also done with local anesthesia (in the office setting)
- Mechanico-chemical ablation, which uses a specially designed catheter to painlessly treat the abnormal feeding vein that is the underlying cause of visible bulging varicose veins
- Percutaneous laser treatments, which help to eliminate the smallest of veins on the face, trunk or extremities by using laser light on the skin
- Photofacial rejuvenation, which is done using intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat conditions such as rosacea, some vascular birthmarks, small spider veins or areas of pigmentation. This can also help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and help to eliminate the progression of rosacea by using several treatments
- Radiofrequency ablation procedure, which uses radiofrequency energy to treat larger varicose veins and their underlying cause, venous reflux. This is done with ultrasound guidance and is performed with local anesthesia (in the office setting)
- Radiofrequency thermocoagulation, which uses a process known as ohmic thermolysis to produce a microburst of high-frequency energy to treat a variety of vascular lesions, including spider veins on the face, trunk or extremities
- Sclerotherapy, which involves injecting a fluid directly into affected veins to harden them so they can no longer fill with blood
- Venous duplex imaging, which uses ultrasound to visualize a vein and determine the exact anatomy, direction of blood flow and assess for abnormal valves within a vein
We also offer facial rejuvenation treatments, which are performed using:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, a prescription medication that is injected into muscles of the face and is used to temporarily improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrow
- JUVÉDERM® XC, a gel that is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate-to-severe wrinkles and folds occur, temporarily adding volume to the skin