The Cardiology Division at Massachusetts General Hospital provides multidisciplinary care and innovative treatments for common and complex heart conditions.
The Mass General Endocrine Division offers comprehensive clinical services, including treatment for diabetes, osteoporosis and diseases of the pituitary, thyroid and reproductive systems.
The Division of Gastroenterology at Mass General provides state-of-the-art consultative care, endoscopic services, and access to clinical trials for the full spectrum of digestive and liver diseases.
The Division of General Internal Medicine provides general medical care—including hospital medicine, primary care and geriatric medicine—and oversees primary care training and programs in health services research.
As an integral part of the
Mass General Cancer Center, world-renowned specialists in the Division of Hematology & Oncology offer patients personalized, team-based cancer care and access to promising new therapies.
The Division of Infectious Disease provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient clinical services in all areas of infectious disease and conducts leading-edge, basic, translational and clinical research. We also offer fellowships and advanced research training.
The Mass General Division of Nephrology offers a full range of personalized care and education for patients with kidney diseases while engaging in clinical, translational and basic research.
The Division of Palliative Care provides patients with relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness—whatever the diagnosis or prognosis. It serves as an extra layer of support to the patient’s other clinicians.
The Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine provides comprehensive care for patients with respiratory diseases and critical illness, performs leading-edge research, and trains the next generation of physicians and scientists.
The Division of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology at Mass General treats immune diseases by integrating patient care, basic and clinical research, and education of physician-scientists.
- The Analytic and Translational Genetics Unitfocuses on the interpretation of individual genome sequence data for the discovery of the genetic underpinnings of human disease and for development of paradigms for clinical decision making
- The Center for Assessment Technology and Continuous Healthis a collaboration of experts discovering new health measurements and technology to better diagnose and treat diseases within a patient’s daily life
- The Clinical and Translational Epidemiology Unitadvances the translation of discoveries into effective clinical interventions in chronic disease through epidemiologic investigation
- The Laboratory of Computer Sciencesupports the department's clinical and research information systems and conducts research into the application of computer technology in medical record systems, physician workstations, clinical problem solving, expert systems in medical diagnosis, knowledge management and clinical research
- The Mongan Institute of Health Policyaims to catalyze beneficial changes in health policy, the health and care of disadvantaged populations, and the health care delivery system
- The Medical Practice Evaluation Centerworks to improve clinical outcomes, increase value in health policy, and inform global public health through innovative research, collaboration and education
- The Biostatistics Centerprovides statistical and data management support to Mass General investigators and serves as a coordinating center for several projects supported by the National Institutes of Health. The center's staff includes biostatisticians, physicians, research nurses, data managers, project managers, research assistants and computing staff
Read the Department of Medicine Report to learn more about the department's activities at Mass General.
The Department of Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital is committed to providing excellence in multidisciplinary, comprehensive and innovative patient care across all of the medical specialties.
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Massachusetts General Hospital has a long and world-renowned tradition of training leaders and teachers in academic medicine and biomedical science.
The Department of Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital supports initiatives to advance research, innovation, physician wellbeing and alumni engagement.