Policies for Industry Support of Medical Education
- Pharmaceutical industry support and the presence of pharmaceutical representatives are NOT permitted at any Department of Medicine functions that are part of our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, including house staff Noon Conference, Resident Report, Intern Report, Ambulatory Care Center Conferences, and Medicine Grand Rounds.
- Department of Medicine property, including all conference rooms, are not eligible to be used for or to post any information for pharmaceutical industry supported events.
- No access shall be granted to Department of Medicine employees or trainees for the purposes of disseminating either information regarding pharmaceutical industry supported events or gifts from pharmaceutical industry representatives.
- Individual gifts to residents in training must be in compliance with the Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital joint Guidelines Regarding Gifts From Industry to Support Educational Programs.
- Gifts from industry to support educational programs must be processed through the MGH Development Office.