My main clinical interest is in inflammatory bowel disease. I have a practice focused on the care of patients with Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. I also participate in clinical as well as basic research in inflammatory bowel disease.
ResearchI participate as a co- or sub-investigator in all the clinical trials at the MGH Crohn's & Colitis Center. In addition, I study the role of different immune cells in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease.
1. Nguyen D Are E. Coli the Culprit? Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. 2008;14(4):575-6.
2. Nguyen D. Thiopurines and Paternit - Is It Safe? Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. 2011;17(11):2402-3.
3. Nguyen D & Snapper SB. "Immunobiolog - T cell" in Baumgart D, editor, Croh's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: From Epidemiology and Immunobiology to a Rational Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approach. 2012. New York: Springer.
4. Desai A, Zator ZA, de Silva P, Nguyen D, Korzenik J, Yajnik V, Ananthakrishnan AN. Older Age Is Associated with Higher Rate of Discontinuation of Anti-TNF Therapy in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 Feb;19(2):309-15. PMID: 22605668.
5. Oxford EC, Nguyen D, Sauk J, Korzenik JR, Yajnik V, Friedman S, Ananthakrishnan AN. Impact of co-existent celiac disease on phenotype and natural history of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013 epub Feb 19. PMID: 23419379.
6. Zator ZA, Cantu SM, Konijeti GG, Nguyen D, Sauk J, Yajnik V, Ananthakrishnan AN. Pretreatment 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels and Durability of anti-Tumor Necrosis Factor-a Therapy in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2013 Oct 2. epub.
7. Nguyen D. "Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease" In Goroll AH, Mulley AG, editors. Primary Care Medicine: Office Evaluation and Management of the Adult Patient, 7th ed. In press. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
For basic research publications please click here.