To refer a patient to the Division of Nephrology at our main campus, please call 617-726-5050.
Referring PatientsTo refer a patient to the Division of Nephrology, please call 617-726-5050. Our office is available Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, to take pertinent information about your patient’s condition and symptoms, and make a timely referral with the most appropriate physician or specialty care service.
Referring physicians can be assured that we will:
- Review the patient’s past medical history and pertinent test results.
- Determine which diagnostic tests, if any, are indicated.
- Provide accurate interpretation of non-invasive renal tests.
- Recommend management strategies.
- Make referral(s) to other specialists as needed for interventions, surgery or other care.
- Follow up to ensure that treatment has been successful.
- Maintain communication with referring doctors, consulting with them whenever appropriate, and provide timely updates about the progress of their patients by telephone, fax, mail, or e-mail.
- Return the patient to the care of the referring physician as quickly as possible, with complete post-discharge education provided to the patient and family, and clinical information sent directly to the referring physician.