Our laboratory is developing new pharmaceuticals for the prevention and restoration of bone loss.
David L. Scott, MD, PhD, DVM
Instructor of Medicine
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129
Phone: (617) 304-1823
Fax: (617) 726-5669
Our laboratory is developing new pharmaceuticals for the prevention and restoration of bone loss. This includes the bone weakening associated with generalized processes such as osteoporosis as well as that occuring in more specialized circumstances (renal osteodystrophy, skeletal metastases). Focus on the underlying structural biology by physical techniques (e.g., X-ray crystallography) and through the development of computational resources (e.g., an integrated, non-proprietary public access program suite designed specifically to assist with rational drug design) will provide new opportunities for identifying and refining novel lead compounds.
- Scott DL, White SP, Browning J, Rosa J, Gelb MH, Sigler PB. Structures of free and inhibited human secretory phospholipase A2 from inflammatory exudate. Science. 1991 Nov 15. 254(5034): 1007-10.
- Zhang R-G, Scott DL, Westbrook ML, Sprangler B, Nance S, Shipley GG, Westbrook EM. The three-dimensional crystal structure of cholera toxin. Journal of Molecular Biology. 1995 Aug 25. 251(4): 563-73.
- Xiong, J-P, Stehle T, Diefenbach B, Zhang R, Dunker R, Scott DL, Joachimiak A, Goodman SL, Arnaout MA. Crystal structure of the extracellular segment of integrin alpha Vbeta 3. Science. 2001 Oct12. 294(5541): 339-345.
- Scott DL, Hornicek F, Pedlow FX. Extradural Primary Spine Tumors. In Frymoyer JW, Wiesel SW, An HS, Boden SD, Lauerman WC, Lenke LG, and McLain RF eds. The Adult and Pediatric Spine, 3rd Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2004: 191-246.
- Hecht AC, Scott DL, Chrichlow R, Hornicek F, Pedlow FX. Extra-Dural Spine Metastases. In Frymoyer JW, Wiesel SW, An HS, Boden SD, Lauerman WC, Lenke LG, and McLain RF eds. The Adult and Pediatric Spine, 3rd Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2004: 247-288.
- Kegel,KB, Sapp E, Yoder J, Cuiffo B, Sobin L, Kim YJ, Oin ZH, Hayden MR, Aronin N, Scott DL, Isenberg G, Goldmann WH, DiFiglia M. Huntingtin associates with acidic phospholipids at the plasma membrane. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2005 Oct 28. 280(43): 36464-73.
- Scott DL, Diez G, Goldmann WH. Protein-lipid interactions: correlation of a predictive algorithm for lipid-binding sites with three-dimensional structural data. Theoretical Biology Medical Modeling. 2006 Mar 28. 3: 17.