Steps to complete before your surgery
- Read the information from your doctor’s office. Call us if you have any questions.
- Schedule to meet with other doctors (like a cardiologist, or primary care doctor) if advised by your doctor before your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment.
- Prepare for your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment by gathering your health information including:
- Implanted devices
- Medical history
- Fill out your pre-surgical assessment online through One Medical Passport. This helps save time at your Pre-Admission Testing appointment.
- Complete blood draw and testing.
- Visit the second floor of the Wang Building for blood draw and ECGs.
- Monday: 6:00am-6:00pm
- Tues/Wed/Thursday: 6:00am-6:30pm
- Friday: 6:00am-5:00pm
- On weekends, go to the Medical Walk-In Unit on the first floor of the Wang Building.
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am-3:30pm
- Complete your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment either by phone or in person. Your doctor will decide which is best for you.
- Prepare your after-surgery arrangements:
- Prepare your living space
- Ensure your prescriptions for your usual medications are filled prior to your surgery
- Stock up on prepared foods and groceries prior to your surgery
- Arrange for someone to drop you off at MGH for your surgery and to pick you up at your discharge
- Follow the instructions for the day of surgery, as advised by your surgeon.
Pre-Admission Testing Information
Phone Appointments: 617-643-2555
In-Person Appointments: 617-726-3383