Amee Seitz, PhD
Amee is a licensed physical therapist and board-certified orthopedic clinical specialist. Amee joined the Shoulder Biomechanics Lab as post-doctoral research fellow after completing her PhD in Rehabilitation and Movement Science in 2010. Her PhD research focused on biomechanical mechanisms of rotator cuff disease quantifying scapular kinematics and utilizing ultrasonography to measure the subacromial space. As a visiting research scholar at the University of Kentucky, she studied neuromuscular mechanisms of shoulder pain and muscle adaptations that occur with exercise and rehabilitation instruction. Her research interests are in the neuromuscular and biomechanical mechanisms of shoulder pain and associated clinical outcomes of rehabilitation.
|PhD||2010||Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA|
|DPT||2006||Massachusetts General Hospital- Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA|
|MS||2004||Massachusetts General Hospital- Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA|
|BS||1993||Ohio University, Athens, Ohio|
Selected Recent Publications
- Effects of scapular dyskinesis and scapular assistance test on subacromial space during static arm elevation. Seitz AL, McClure PW, Lynch SS, Ketchum JM, Michener LA. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2011 Mar 26. PMID: 21444218
- Scapular Position Offset Does Not Alter 3-Dimensional Scapular Motion in the Throwing Shoulder of Healthy Professional Baseball Pitchers. Seitz AL, Reinold MM, Gill TJ, Schneider RA, Thigpen CA. J Sport Rehab. Accepted 2011May. In Press.
- Ultrasonographic measures of subacromial space in patients with rotator cuff disease: A systematic review. Seitz AL, Michener LA. J Clin Ultrasound. 2011 Mar-Apr; 39(3):146-54.
- Mechanisms of rotator cuff tendinopathy: intrinsic, extrinsic, or both? Seitz AL, McClure PW, Finucane S, Boardman ND, Michener LA. Clin Biomech. 2011 Jan; 26(1):1-12.
- Effect of posture on acromiohumeral distance with arm elevation in subjects with and without rotator cuff disease using ultrasonography. Kalra N, Seitz AL, Boardman ND 3rd, Michener LA. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2010 Oct; 40(10):633-40.
- Exercise protocol for the treatment of rotator cuff impingement syndrome. Fleming JA, Seitz AL, Ebaugh DD. J Athl Train. 2010 Sep-Oct; 45(5):483-5.