The Microbiology Laboratory is a full-service laboratory for adult and pediatric patients.
Anatomic & Molecular Pathology
- Autopsy Service
- Cytogenetics Laboratory
- Cytopathology Laboratory & Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy Service
- CID - Center for Integrated Diagnostics (Diagnostic DNA Testing)
- Surgical Pathology
Laboratory & Molecular Medicine
- Blood Transfusion Service
- Core Laboratory: Chemistry, Hematology, Acute Care
- Diabetes Laboratory
- Histocompatibility Laboratory
- Immunology Laboratory
Health Center Laboratories
The Microbiology Laboratory is a full-service laboratory located on Gray-Bigelow 5 serving adult and pediatric patients.
The laboratory processes over 500,000 specimens per year and is open 24 hour per day to accession and process specimens.
The specialized services include highly developed test menus in bacteriology, virology, parasitology, mycobacteriology, mycology, and infectious diseases serology.
In addition to conventional culture and microscopic methods, the laboratory offers several rapid diagnostic tests and detection of difficult-to-culture pathogens using molecular methods.
- Mary Jane Ferraro, PhD, MPH, Director, Professor
- Eric S. Rosenberg, MD, Co-Director, Associate Professor
- John A. Branda, MD, Associate Director, Assistant Professor
Clinical / Contact Information MGH Laboratory Handbook: Microbiology Laboratory