Premier Patient Care
For more than 90 years, Massachusetts General Hospital has offered elegant, private patient rooms and personalized service through Philips House. Patient rooms are located on the top three floors of the Ellison Building, a state-of-the-art inpatient tower with spectacular panoramic views of Boston and the Charles River.
As a premier patient care unit, our staff offer exceptional medical care that is personalized to each patient’s individual needs. Two floors in Phillips House are dedicated to general medicine and oncology, and one floor serves patients recovering from surgery. We provide the highest level of care for patients of all ages and maintain an environment that is sensitive to the cultural diversity and individual needs of each patient. Learn more about our services and amenities.
History of Phillips House
The original Phillips House, built in 1917, was named in honor of William Phillips, Jr., a former Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts. Phillips was also the first president of the Massachusetts General Hospital Corporation. The original building is now used for administration offices.