Police & Security provides both uniformed and officers in business attire to perform details based upon your needs. Please read the information below in its entirety before you choose to hire a detail.
Do you need protection for a special event?
Alcohol at Hospital Functions
Hospital policy requires that a Security Officer be present at any function held after 5:00 p.m., where alcoholic beverages are being served and /or 20 or more people are in attendance. Generally, alcohol at these events is limited to beer and wine and events are held in areas designated for conference or meetings away from clinical and public areas.
Officers assigned to a detail where alcohol is being served need to ensure the following:
- Individuals permitted to attend the event are present
- Minors are not being served
- Be alert that no individual who is on duty or is to go on duty is served
- Maintain a proper decorum as it relates to the behavior of the participants
- Protect the hospital property from damage
- Oversee that no employee is allowed to drink to the point of inebriation and that some prior arrangement is made for individuals deemed incapable of driving in a safe and legal manner
A waiver of this requirement may be granted at the express assumption of the supervisory responsibility by the Department head. All waivers need to be approved by the Director of Police, Security and Outside Services. To obtain further information contact Jennifer McAuliffe at 617-724-3030 or via email at email@example.com.
Rates for Security details are as follows:
$45 per hour with a four hour minimum per officer (when more than 24 hours notice is given)
$50 per hour with a four hour minimum per officer (when less than 24 hours notice is given)
For all details it is suggested that there be one officer for every 50 people in attendance.
To schedule a detail not involving alcohol being served at a function, or if you have already obtained a waiver, click here to fill out an online detail request.