The Training Committee of the MGH/McLean Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program shall consist of the following members:
The Executive Committee
- The Training Director
- The Associate Training Director
- The Chief of Child Psychiatry at MGH
- The Chief of Child Psychiatry at McLean
- The Chief of the MGH Pediatric Consultation Service
- The Director of the MGH Child Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic
- The Director of the McLean Child Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic
- The Medical Director of the McLean-Franciscan Child Inpatient Unit
- The Psychiatrist-in-Chief of the McLean Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Service
- The Director of the MGH Pediatric Psychopharmacology Clinics
- The Director of the MGH Child Psychiatry Emergency Services
- A faculty member appointed by the Training Director
- Chief Residents
Current Training Committee Members
- Eugene Beresin, M.D.
- Joseph Biederman, M.D.
- Thrassos Calligas, M.D.
- Joseph Gold, M.D.
- Michael Jellinek, M.D.
- Bruce Masek, Ph.D.
- Laura Prager, M.D.
- Michael Rater, M.D.
- Paula Rauch, M.D.
- Steve Schlozman, M.D.
- Andrew Stromberg, M.D.
The Training Committee is charged with the following duties:
-- Ongoing review of resident progress in clinical rotations and didactic seminars, based on the goals and objectives of the rotations and seminars and the six general clinical competencies
-- Ongoing review of resident performance based on faculty evaluations, PRITE scores, Clinical Skills Examination and verbal report of the faculty in its Biannual Training Reviews<
-- Ongoing review of faculty performance based on confidential resident evaluations, the Resident Retreat Report and verbal feedback to faculty and members of the Training Committee
-- Ongoing review of the overall Training Program, based on resident and faculty evaluations
-- Ongoing review of the goals and objectives of:
- The six general clinical competencies
- The clinical rotations
- The didactic seminars
-- Ongoing review of the method of evaluation of resident competency, based on the Faculty Evaluation Retreat and other proposals of individual clinical services
-- Ongoing review of the clinical services in terms of access to a wide variety of patients, including gender, race, cultural diversity, socioeconomic status and diagnostic categories, based on resident patient logs and resident and Service Chief reports
-- Approval of moonlighting experiences of the residents
-- Approval of elective proposals from the residents
-- Approval of supervisors
-- Approval of newly hired faculty’s teaching duties
-- Monitoring of the Partners, MGH and McLean fiscal, educational and administrative policies, as they impact the Training Program
-- Approval of faculty members’ remedial plans for residents that need improvement in clinical or academic areas
-- Making decisions regarding the initiation of disciplinary procedures for and dismissal of any resident if warranted
-- Approving the progression of residents from Year 1 to Year 2
-- Approval of leaves of absence or any special modifications of the routine schedule of the Training Program
-- Approving the graduation of all residents and agreeing that each resident has demonstrated sufficient professional ability to practice competently, ethically and independently, based on the program’s defined core competencies
Training Committee meetings shall be held in the following manner
- Weekly meetings of the Executive Committee
- Monthly meetings of the Full Committee
- Biweekly meetings of the Training Director with the full body of residents to provide ongoing feedback to the Training Committee
- Individual meetings of the Training Director and Chief Residents for feedback to the Training Committee