Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit
Center for Human Genetic Research
Massachusetts General Hospital
Richard B. Simches Research Center
185 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Laramie Duncan is a graduate of the University of Georgia (BS Environmental Sciences) and the University of Colorado at Boulder (joint PhD in Neuroscience and Clinical Psychology & Certificate in Behavioral Genetics). She is interested in identifying genetic variants underlying a class of related phenotypes: schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, psychosis, and mania, in the service of elucidating the etiology of these phenomena. She is particularly interested in multi-SNP/variant analyses and the use of statistical methods that evaluate measures of data other than the mean (for example, variance).
- Duncan, L.E. (under review) Gene-Environment Interactions in Behavioral Genetics. In Y-K Kim, S. Rhee, & A. Ronald (Eds.), Behavioral Genetics Book Series Vol 5, Ch 7. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Sheets, E.S., Craighead, W.E., Craighead, L.W., Duncan, L.E., Karris, M., & Bjornsson, A.S. (under review). Personality Pathology Factors and Their Relationship with Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder in Emerging Adults.
- Duncan, L.E. & Keller, M.C. (2012) Response to Pluess and Belsky Letter. American Journal of Psychiatry,169(2), 223-223.
- Duncan, L.E. & Keller, M.C. (2011) A Critical Review of the First Ten Years of Candidate Gene-by-Environment Interaction Research in Psychiatry. American Journal of Psychiatry, 168(10), 1041-1049.
- Keller, M.C., Medland, S.E., & Duncan, L.E. (2010). Are Extended Twin Family Designs Worth the Trouble? A Comparison of the Bias, Precision, and Accuracy of Parameters Estimated in Four Twin Family Models. Behavioral Genetics, 40(3), 377-393.
- Willcutt, E.G., Pennington, B.F., Duncan, L.E., Smith, S.S., Keenan, J.M., Wadsworth, S., DeFries, J.C., & Olson, R.K. (2010). Understanding the complex etiologies of developmental disorders: Behavioral and molecular genetic approaches. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 31(7), 533-544.
- Duncan, L.E., Hutchison, K.E., Carey, G., & Craighead, W.E. (2009). Variation in Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) Gene is Associated with Symptoms of Depression. Journal of Affective Disorders, 115, 215-219.
- Keller, M.C., Medland, S.E., Duncan, L.E., Hatemi, P.K., Neale, M.C., Maes, H.H., & Eaves, L.J. (2009). Modeling Extended Twin Family Data I: Description of the Cascade Model. Twin Research and Human Genetics, 12(1), 8-18.
- Howerth, E.W., Mead, D.G., Mueller, P.O., Duncan, L., Murphy, M.D., & Stallknecht, D.E. (2006). Experimental Vesicular Stomatitis Virus Infection in Horses: Effect of Route of Inoculation and Virus Serotype. Veterinary Pathology, 43(6), 943-955.
Return to the top of the page