Group psychotherapy is a form of therapy in which a small number of people generally meet weekly under the leadership of a trained therapist to help themselves and one another. In group therapy people learn about themselves and improve their interpersonal relationships.
Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy
The Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy is a Regional Affiliate of the American Group Psychotherapy Association. Founded in 1956, its mission is to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas about group psychotherapy.
- Encourage the development of sound training in group psychotherapy.
- Establish and maintain high standards of ethical and professional practice.
- Disseminate information to interested professionals and the public about group psychotherapy.
American Group Psychotherapy Association
The American Group Psychotherapy Association is an interdisciplinary community that has been enhancing practice, theory and research of group therapy since 1942. AGPA provides the support you are looking for to enhance your work as a mental healthcare professional or your life as a member of a therapeutic group.
Social Services Department at Massachusetts General Hospital
Clinical Social Workers at Mass General are licensed mental health professionals trained to help people find solutions to many emotional problems from daily crises to life’s most difficult situations. We accomplish this through a unique combination of psychotherapy, active problem solving and direct connection with the network of community resources.
Clinical social workers work with both Inpatients and Outpatients and their families to:
- Deal with crisis
- Cope with illness and other life stressors
- Identify and solve problems with relationships
- Enhance communication with the medical treatment team to enable patients and families to be active partners in their own healthcare
- Access hospital and community services
U.S. News & World Report ranks Mass General psychiatry second among U.S. hospitals.
At MassGeneral Hospital for Children, we partner with patients and families to ensure that care is safe, high quality, equitable and efficient.
Mass General places the highest priority on a patient’s right to privacy. Learn how medical information about you is used and disclosed.