The Mental Health Department services patients with a variety of disorders including Depression, Anxiety and other stressors in their lives. The department is made up of a combination of Psychiatrists, Social Workers, and Psychologists who work together as a multidisciplinary team to help families and individuals cope with their stress and live better lives.
The Center for Community Health Improvement builds on MGH’s long term commitment to its health center communities of Chelsea, Revere and Charlestown, as well as Boston. Today, the MGH Center for Community Health Improvement has more than 35 partnerships and programs that aim to:
- Prevent and reduce substance use
- Increase opportunities for Boston students
- Interrupt the cycle of family and community violence
- Eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in health care
- Improve access to care for vulnerable populations