Clinical and translational research in head and neck and skull base cancers.
Partial list of recent publications:
1. Chan AW/Loeffler JS. Conventionally Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy for Vestibular Schwannomas: Favorable Outcome with Minimal Toxicity. Neurosurgery. 2005 Jul;57(1):60-69.
2. Pommier P/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Skull Base Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 2006;132:1242-1249.
3. Patel S/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. In: Proton and Heavier Charged Particle Radiotherapy. Delaney T and Kooy H, editors. Lippincott Willimas and Wilkins, 2007.
4. Chan AW and Liebsch NJ. Proton Beam Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. J Surg Oncol. 97(8):697-700, 2008.
5. Truong MT/Chan AW. Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Sphenoid Sinus Malignancies: Treatment Outcome and Prognostic Factors. Head and Neck 31(10):1297-1308, 2009.
6. Chan AW. Advantages of Proton Beam Therapy. In: Functional Preservation and Quality of Life in Head and Neck Radiotherapy Harari PM, editor. Springer, 2009.
7. Moore MG/Chan AW. Risk of Incisional Recurrence after Midface and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in Sinonasal Malignancies. Skull Base, 2011 (In press).
8. Margalit DN, Chan AW. Proton Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. In: Head and Neck Cancer: Multimodality Management. Bernier J, editor. Springer, 2011 (In Press).
9. Margalit DN, Chan AW. Particle Therapy for Head and Neck Cancers. Radiation Medical Rounds, 2011 (In Press).
10. Wang JJ/Chan AW. Risk of Pharyngoesophageal Stricture after Radiation Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer. Head and Neck, 2011 (In Press).
Proton beam radiation therapy shows encouraging results for patients with locally advanced sinonasal malignancies, according to a study led by Annie Chan, MD, a radiation oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital.