The MGH Research Scholar Awards
How They Work
- Award recipients receive $100,000 per year for five years.
- The program is open to faculty-level researchers, who devote at least 80 percent of their time to research, and do not have significant, flexible support.
- Applications are reviewed and ranked by Mass General’s Executive Committee on Research and an award committee makes the final selection. The award committee co-chairs are Mass General scientist and Nobel Laureate Jack Szostak, PhD, and acclaimed Mass General physician-researcher Bruce Walker, MD.
- Individuals who make a gift of $500,000 will have a unique opportunity to form an ongoing partnership with the scientist who receives the award and they may choose to name a Research Scholar Award.
- An anonymous donor committed $10 million to support outstanding researchers, which enabled Mass General to launch the Research Scholars Program. The gift is structured as a challenge grant, so for every $500,000 raised, the anonymous donor will match $500,000.
Learn more about how you can support the Research Scholars Program by emailing us or calling the Mass General Devleopment Office at 617-726-2200.