The Trauma and Critical Care Symposium is designed to review state-of-the-art information about the diagnosis and management of severely ill patients.
Trauma and Critical Care Symposium
November 1-3, 2015
Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Surgery
Course Director: George C. Velmahos, MD, PhD
The care of injured and critically ill patients is complex and challenging. The Trauma and Critical Care Symposium aims to give clear guidelines to practicing clinicians who manage such patients. The Symposium offers an ideal mix of the traditional standard-of-care principles with new, leading-edge information. It explores issues related to resuscitation, surgical techniques, bleeding control, inflammation and infection, respiratory care, nutrition, prehospital care, rehabilitation and ethics.
To provide a fine balance between the multiple facets of care encountered, the Symposium runs joint sessions in the morning and specialty sessions in the afternoon. In joint sessions, problems common to all specialties caring for trauma and critically ill surgical patients are explored. In the specialty sessions, the topics presented are related more specifically to anesthesiologists or surgeons. Among the highlights of the Symposium are debate sessions and expert panels that discuss real-life cases and seek audience participation. The education delivered is exciting, readily applicable and memorable.
This Symposium provides in-depth and leading-edge information in the field of critical care and trauma.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply newly acquired knowledge in the management of trauma patients
- Formulate complete resuscitation strategies based on evidence-based guidelines and expert opinion
- Select appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms for specific trauma presentations
- Evaluate the evidence supporting diagnostic algorithms and clinical pathways
- Compare and contrast standard-of-care management with leading-edge treatments
Attendance is limited.
For more information, please contact Rosangely Cintron