The Massachusetts General Hospital Fireman Vascular Center is one of the only vascular centers in the country with specialists in every area of vascular disease. Clinicians from seven specialties diagnose and treat the full range of vascular conditions, create new treatments and educate the next generation of medical leaders.
- Request an appointment online
- Call 877-644-8346 to request an appointment
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Distinguished Physicians in Seven Clinical Disciplines
Our team consists of clinicians who specialize in:
- Cardiac surgery
- Cardiology/vascular medicine
- Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Vascular imaging and intervention
Every patient sees a Fireman Vascular Center physician with the highest level of expertise in treating his or her specific condition. To practice at the Fireman Vascular Center, every clinician must meet strict quality and experience requirements that are tougher than national standards.
Nationally Recognized Research and Care
Fireman Vascular Center physicians participate in nationally recognized research and clinical trials that involve:
- Evaluating treatments. Fireman Vascular Center physicians are principle investigators in national trials, including one that was a determining factor in the FDA approval of renal stents. Currently, we are leading trials that compare carotid surgery to carotid artery stent placement and evaluate the non-surgical treatment of thoracic aortic diseases with endografts. Our physicians are members of the national steering committee for a trial currently investigating combining thrombolysis with thrombectomy to treat deep vein thrombosis
- Investigating new devices. Since 1997, the Fireman Vascular Center’s vascular ultrasound core laboratory, VasCore, has been the leader in the design, development and evaluation of clinical trial outcomes on novel vascular devices. Our clinicians also investigate new devices such as endovascular stent grafts, drug-coated stents, drug-coated balloons and other minimally invasive technologies
The quality of our patient care is also enhanced by:
- Following patient outcomes. The Fireman Vascular Center has taken the unprecedented step of independently evaluating the outcomes of patients who have undergone procedures for carotid artery disease and stroke. These tracking systems ensure we deliver quality care and inform the public about our success rates with unprecedented accuracy and objectivity
- A dedicated nurse coordinator. Our team includes a dedicated nurse coordinator who takes relevant information about each patient’s condition and symptoms and arranges a prompt evaluation with the most appropriate vascular expert
Request an appointment online or call 877-644-8346 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Unmatched experience. Mass General performs some of the highest volumes of carotid endarterectomy procedures in Massachusetts. Our Thoracic Aortic Center also attracts patients from across the nation and world for its specialized treatment of acute and chronic aortic dissections, thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurysms, Marfan syndrome and coarctation of the aorta
- Commitment to prevention. Our vascular specialists guide patients through smoking cessation and other lifestyle changes and may refer them nutritionists, physical therapists and wound care specialists at Mass General to treat related conditions
- Emphasis on teaching. A teaching institution, Mass General is committed to educating patients and other physicians about vascular disease. Our clinicians also share findings with others through national conferences, such as the Vascular Summit, an annual symposium of vascular experts, initiated and sponsored by Mass General
Contact the Fireman Vascular Center to schedule an appointment with one of our vascular specialists
View the Fireman Vascular Center’s latest awards for outstanding patient care and groundbreaking research.