Physicians from the Massachusetts General Hospital Fireman Vascular Center welcome the opportunity to work with referring physicians to provide advanced treatment options for vascular conditions.
Our Partnership with Physicians
Our physicians are available to discuss management strategies or to determine whether your patient can benefit from a referral to the Mass General Fireman Vascular Center. We value open and ongoing communication and welcome your questions and concerns.
Referring to the Fireman Vascular Center
If you refer a patient to the Fireman Vascular Center, our specialists will:
- Promptly review your patient’s past medical history and pertinent test results
- Determine which diagnostic tests, if any, are indicated
- Provide detailed interpretation of non-invasive vascular tests
- Recommend management strategies
- Maintain communication with you and provide timely updates about your patient’s progress
- Return your patient to your care as quickly as possible and provide complete post-discharge education and clinical information
How to Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to the Fireman Vascular Center at our main campus or Waltham location, call our nurse coordinator at 877-644-8346 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The nurse coordinator will make a timely referral to the most appropriate vascular specialist. Learn more about our convenient location at Mass General West in Waltham
If you call after business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm), leave a message, and we will return your call the next business day.
Learn how researchers at the Vascular Center are finding new treatments that advance care for vascular disease.
Did you know the Vascular Center has a convenient location in Waltham? Learn about treatments and services at our outpatient care center.