New England's largest city, Boston is home to more than 600,000 people as well as numerous colleges, universities, cultural attractions and professional sports organizations.
If you are visiting Boston, either as a patient or to visit a patient, the following links will help you plan your trip. If you are traveling from outside of the United States, please contact the Mass General International Patient Center for additional assistance.
Travel to Boston
- Boston Logan Airport
- Airlines serving Boston Logan
- Ground transportation from Boston Logan
- Train service from New York, Washington, D.C., and other destinations
Getting Around Boston
- Taxi companies authorized by the Boston Police Department
- Taxi fares
- MBTA, Boston’s public transportation system of trains, buses and ferries
- More information about walking, biking and car-sharing in Boston
For family members and friends, there are a variety of options near the hospital to stay overnight. The Liberty Hotel and the Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill are adjacent to the Mass General campus. For more information about hotel accommodations, we suggest you use www.hotels.com or another similar travel web site. Please note that Mass General does not endorse or recommend any particular travel web site.
For more affordable options, please see our overnight accommodations list. The list is also available by calling the Social Service department at 617-726-2643 or visiting the Blum Patient and Family Learning Center in the White Building in the first floor lobby of the hospital.
Patients receiving treatment for cancer and their families can request community lodging and transportation information from our Oncology Resource Specialist at 617-724-0295.
- Shopping and dining
- Museums and galleries
- Boston sports
- The historic Freedom Trail
- Local news and weather