Several Amtrak routes serve Boston, with trains arriving at both South Station and North Station.
To get to Mass General by commuter rail or by regular Amtrak service from another city, take a train to either South Station or North Station. To go to Mass General from South Station, switch to the Red Line T (see below).
Train Routes Serving Boston's South Station
- Acela Express (from Washington, DC; New York; Stamford, CT; New Haven; and Providence, RI)
- Lake Shore Limited (from Albany, NY, and western Massachusetts)
- Northeast Regional (from all points south)
From South Station
- Take the Alewife-bound (outbound) Red Line train to Charles Street/MGH Station
- Follow the exit signs to Mass General (heading north)
- Make a right to follow Cambridge Street east one block
- Make a left (north) onto No. Grove Street
- The main entrance is straight ahead
Train Routes Serving Boston's North Station
- Downeaster (from Maine, New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts)
From North Station
- There is a free Partners shuttle bus that runs between Mass General and North Station every 15 minutes on weekdays, and every 30 minutes on weekends. The shuttle bus stop is directly across from North Station on Causeway Street.