Dr. Dan Henderson is a board certified primary care physician practicing at Mass General. Dr. Henderson's practice is limited to Mass General employees, their spouses and their adult children age 18-25.
- Clinical Interests
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Chronic disease management
- Lifestyle management
- General internal medicine
- Clinical process improvement and efficiency
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Columbia Campus
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dan Henderson, a graduate of Trinity College, the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, and the Harvard School of Public Health, trained in internal medicine at Columbia University/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Prior to residency, Dr. Henderson served as the first Health Justice Fellow of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA), and led a national patient safety campaign, called "Check a Box. Save a Life," which drew thousands of participants globally, and was featured in the Discovery Channel movie "Chasing Zero: Winning the War on Healthcare Harm," starring Dennis Quaid. During residency, Dr. Henderson served as Columbia's Resident Patient Safety and Quality Officer, and led initiatives designed to improve care and the training environment in New York City's top-rated hospital system.
As a primary care physician, Dr. Henderson's focus is a comprehensive, big-picture approach to the health and wellness of the patients he serves, particularly those with multiple complex or interacting conditions, and in coordination with specialty teams when appropriate. Dan is committed to achieving the best possible care for his patients, and is passionately involved in driving the health system innovations needed to accomplish this.
Discussion of the symptoms of the common cold, what to expect and ways to reduce the discomfort and symptoms experienced during cold and flu season.
Answers to common questions about ticks, avoiding bites, what to do if you do get bitten and need a test.
Answers to common questions about poison ivy symptoms, avoidance and treatment.
101 Merrimac Street
Boston, MA 02114-4773
15 Parkman St
Boston, MA 02114-3117