Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Hand Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Hand & Arm Center at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
- MBBS, MS, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Mudgal's research interests include identification of injury patterns and methods of treating them to maximize outcomes. Dr. Mudgal's research evaluates existing treatment methods or devises new methods of treating complex injuries. His areas of focus include a wide array of disorders from fractures, to tendon and nerve injuries to neurologic disorders of the upper limb. The link provided below will highlight his research as seen on PubMed.
- Warrender WJ, Ruchelsman DE, Livesey MG, Mudgal CS, Rivlin M. Low Rate of Complications Following Intramedullary Headless Compression Screw Fixation of Metacarpal Fractures. Hand (NY). 2019 Mar 20.
- Daly MC, Horst TA, Mudgal CS. Dorsal Cortical Breaks in Volar Barton Distal Radius Fractures. Hand (N Y). 2019 Jul 18.
- Aldekhayel S, Ghanad E, Mudgal CS. Avascular Necrosis of the Metacarpal Head: A Review of 4 Cases. J Hand Surg Am. 2018 Nov.
- Claessen FM, Kachooei AR, Verheij KK, Kolovich GP, Mudgal CS. Outcomes of Concomitant Fractures of the Radial Head and Capitellum: The "Kissing Lesion". J Hand Microsurg., 8(2):100-5, 2016.