View resources that are available to help you manage all aspects of your life after your initial treatment is complete.
Resources for Patients
Under each category are links to resources available to you through the Mass General Cancer Center and other organizations.
Categories: Bone Marrow Transplant Survivorship, Cancer as a Chronic Disease, Cardiac Oncology, Exercise, Fatigue, Fertility, Hot Flashes, Integrative Therapies, Lifestyle Medicine, Lymphedema, Neurotoxicity - Cognitive Impairment - Memory Loss, Nutrition, Pain, PAVING the Path to Wellness, Peer Mentoring Program, Primary Care, Psychological Impact, Rehabilitation, Returning to Work, Sexual Health, Sleep, Social Work, Tobacco Cessation.
Resources for Providers
Bone Marrow Transplant Survivorship Program
The Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Survivorship Program aims to improve the experience and outcomes of BMT survivors and families through focused clinical care and research.
Cancer as a Chronic Disease
- Stanford Scope Blog: Looking at Cancer as a Chronic Illness
- Cancer Connect: The Long View Coping with Chronic Cancer
- Cancer.org: Managing Cancer as a Chronic Illness
Cardio- Oncology (Heart)
The Massachusetts General Hospital Cardio-Oncology Program provides care at the intersection of heart and vascular disease, and cancer. The program focuses on improving the health of cancer patients and cancer survivors by providing comprehensive cardiac and vascular care.
- For those seeking one-on-one counseling regarding exercise, you can be seen in our lifestyle medicine clinic.
- Information on Physical Activity and Cancer from the National Cancer Institute
- Information on Physical Activity and Cancer from the American Cancer Society
- Mass General Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Information about cancer related fatigue from the National Cancer Institute
- Integrative Medicine for Acupuncture
- Mass General Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mass General Sleep Center
- Mass General Cancer Center Integrative Therapies
- National Cancer Institute: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Mass General Cancer Center Lifestyle Medicine Clinic
- The Mass General Weight Center
- Mass General Learn to Be Lean Program
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
- Breast Cancer-related Lymphedema Treatment Program
- Lymphedema Resource List [PDF]
- More information on lymphedema from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Neurotoxicity, Cognitive Impairment, Memory Loss
- American Cancer Society: Chemo Brain
- Chemo Brain Boston: A doctor's view - An interview with Dr. Jorg Dietrich of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chemo Brain Boston: Dr. Dietrich on chemobrain, part 2
- Asco Post: Cognitive Impairment in Patients with Cancer by Jorg Dietrich, MD, PhD
PAVING the Path to Wellness
Based on the principles of lifestyle medicine, PAVING the Path to Wellness is a 12-week program which provides education on the importance of physical activity, healthy eating, sleep, stress management, and the power of personal connections for women of all ages with a diagnosis of breast cancer. Learn more.
Peer Mentoring Programs
- Mass General Cancer Center Peer Mentoring Program
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Hope Network
- Cancer Care
- Imerman Angels
- Questionnaire to take with you to talk with your primary care physician.
- Mass General Primary Care
- Another online starting point about concerns and challenges facing post-treatment survivors, including coping with late effects, managing fear of recurrence, making lifestyle changes, and many other topics.
- Discussions about a variety of common concerns
- Guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- A 10 minute video about Actions and Attitudes for Cancer Survivors
Returning to Work
- Cancer.net blog about returning to work after cancer
- You may also contact our oncology social work department to arrange for a meeting to discuss your options and any concerns you may have.
- Mass General Cancer Center Sexual Health Clinic / 617-726-6050
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer Guide to understanding intimacy and sexuality
- Katz AN and Dizon DS. Sexuality after cancer: A model for male cancer survivors. J Sex Med 2016; 13:70-8.
- Dizon DS. What about intimacy? ASCO Connection. December 5, 2014.
- Dizon DS and Doroff E. Sex in the face of metastatic disease, August 13, 2015.
- Dizon DS. Reclaiming your sexuality after cancer diagnosis: worth fighting for. May 23, 2016.
- Dizon DS, Suzin D, and McIlvenna S. Sexual health as a survivorship issue for female cancer survivors. The Oncologist 2014; 19:202-10.
- Mass General Oncology Social Work / 617-724-1822
Tools for Healthcare Providers