Pulmonary Nodule Clinic
55 Fruit St
Boston, MA 02114
Explore the Pulmonary Nodule Clinic
Patients are referred to the Pulmonary Nodule Clinic based upon findings from a chest CT scan. These findings may result from:
- Incidental findings on a CT scan.
- Lung screening
Learn more here about eligibility requirements for an annual low-dose CT scan (LDCT) to screen for lung cancer.
Expert, Personalized Care
The Pulmonary Nodule Clinic consists of a multidisciplinary team of specialists, including radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, thoracic surgeons, thoracic radiologists and pulmonologists, who meet to review each patient scheduled for that day's clinic. The team works to develop a follow-up care plan following the review of your scans and medical history.
What to Expect
- The Pulmonary Nodule Clinic takes place at the Mass General Cancer Center on Friday afternoons in the Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, 7th floor, Suite 7B.
- You will speak with our Access Nurse to schedule your appointment and discuss any questions you have. She will ask you some questions about your medical history and about any prior scans you may have had. If you had scans outside of the Partners network, we will request those imaging studies to be sent to us for review.
- There is no special preparation for your appointment, as it is a consultation with one of our specialists. There will not be any additional procedures performed on this day.
- Prior to your appointment, the team of specialists will meet to review your scan and any prior scans you may have had for comparison. They will come up with a plan that is best suited to your needs. It may be a follow-up scan at a 3-, 6- or 12-month interval or they may discuss further diagnostic intervention. Your plan will be matched to a specialist that can best carry out that plan and you will meet with that specialist during your appointment.
- At the conclusion of your appointment you will be made aware of the follow up plan as well as who will be contacting you for any upcoming appointments.
- If you have any questions prior to or following your appointment, please call the Access Nurse at any time. She will assist to coordinate your follow up care and be your resource and point of contact while you are a patient in the nodule clinic.
When to Contact Us
- Patients are typically referred to us by their doctor for nodules seen on imaging which measure 6 mm or greater. If you have had a chest CT done outside of Mass General and are looking for a second opinion, please call us to discuss and if you have a nodule that meets the criteria for the clinic, we will request your scans be sent to us for review.
- If you ever need to change a follow-up scan or appointment, please notify our Access Nurse.
Meet the Team
Meet the Pulmonary Nodule Clinic's multidisciplinary team of specialists.
Kerry Davis, RN
Christina Luberto, PhD
Smoking Cessation Counselor
(Tel: 617-724-6300 ext. 111-134-1469)
- Senior Vice President of Performance Improvement and Service Excellence of the Mass General Physicians Organization
- Medical Director, Ambulatory Services, MGH Cancer Center
- Director of Clinical Quality, MGH Cancer Center
- Director, Thoracic Imaging and Intervention Division
- Director, Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship
- Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Patient Education and Resources
View Answers to FAQs about our Pulmonary Nodule Clinic, by the clinic's expert team of multidisciplinary specialists.
Learn more about the Pulmonary Nodule Clinic and how the team's specialists work together to create a personalized plan for each patient.