What are the Symptoms of Cushing Syndrome?
The most common symptom in children with Cushing syndrome is weight gain without a change in height. This symptom is most common in children who are still growing.
Symptoms may vary among patients with Cushing syndrome. Here are the most common symptoms and signs:
- Weight gain, particularly around the abdomen (belly area)
- Slow or no change in height (This is not useful if your child has completed growth.)
- Round and red appearance of the face (sometimes called "moon face")
- Fat deposition in the neck and shoulder areas
- Thin arms and legs
- Muscle weakness
- Purple or red stretch marks
- Skin that bruises easily
- Hair loss
- High blood pressure