What are the Symptoms of Diabetes Insipidus (DI)?
Children with DI might show these symptoms:
- Extreme thirst. If your child doesn’t have enough to drink, he/she might find fluids from unusual places, like a garden hose, bathtub or fish tank.
- Needing to urinate more often than usual, especially at night. Some children might wet the bed at night.
- Preferring ice cold water to other liquids
- Weight loss in children. Children might lose weight because they are too busy drinking water and urinating and not eating enough food.
- Weight gain in babies. Babies might gain weight from drinking too much milk in order to get enough fluid.
- About Diabetes Insipidus
- Causes of Diabetes Insipidus
- Symptoms of Diabetes Insipidus
- Treatment for Diabetes Insipidus
- When to Call the Doctor