Chadi El Saleeby, MD
Chadi El Saleeby, MD
Associate Pediatrician, Mass. General Hospital for Children, Boston MA
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Pediatric Infectious Disease
275 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-3108
Pediatric Infectious Disease Administrative Office
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, American University of the Caribbean
- Residency, American University
- Residency, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
2002- present Clinical and bench research on the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
- Surfactant protein A Genetic Polymorphism and its effects on RSV disease. Viral quantification by standard methods, Real time PCR and cloning techniques (Basic science and clinical research).
- RSV disease in immunocompromised cancer patients (Clinical research)
- Examination of the immune response following infection with RSV
- Evaluating novel methodologies for prescribing antibiotics
- Studying the phamacokinetics of novel antibiotics in phases 1 and 2
- DeVincenzo JP, El Saleeby CM, Bush AJ. Respiratory Syncytial Virus load predicts disease severity in previously healthy infants. JID. 2005 Jun 1;191(11):1861-1868.
- El Saleeby CM, Somes GW, DeVincenzo JP, Gaur AH. Risk factors for severe respiratory syncytial virus disease in children with cancer: the importance of lymphopenia and young age. Pediatrics. 2008 Feb;121(2):235-243.
- El Saleeby CM, Li R, Somes GW, Dahmer MK, Quasney MW, DeVincenzo JP. The Association of Surfactant Protein A (SPA) polymorphisms and disease severity within an RSV infected population. J Pediatr. 2010 Mar;156(3):409-414.
- El Saleeby CM, Bush AJ, Harrison LM, Aitken JA, DeVincenzo JP. Respiratory syncytial virus load, viral dynamics and disease severity in previously healthy naturally infected children. JID. 2011 Oct;204(7):996-1002.
- Cummings BM, Cowl AS, Yager PH, Saleeby CM, Shank ES, Noviski N. Cardiovascular Effects of Continuous Dexmedetomidine Infusion Without a Loading Dose in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. J Intensive Care Med. 2014 Jun 12.
- Palakshappa D, Carter LP, El Saleeby CM. Discrepancies in After-Hours Communication Attitudes between Pediatric Residents and Supervising Physicians. J Pediatr. 2015 Dec;167(6):1429-35.
- Miloslavsky M, Galler MF, Moawad I, Actis J, Cummings BM, El Saleeby CM. The Impact of Pediatric-Specific Vancomycin Dosing Guidelines: A Quality Improvement Initiative. Pediatrics. 2017 Jun;139(6).
- Boadu O, Gombolay GY, Caviness V, El Saleeby CM. Intoxication from Accidental Marijuana Ingestion in Pediatric Patients: What May Lie Ahead. Pediatric Emergency Care. Manuscript # PCARE-D-17-00151R1. Accepted for publication on 12/07/2017.