MGHfC Pediatric Epilepsy Program
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
55 Fruit Street, Suite 6B
Boston, MA 02114
Explore This Program
Care During COVID-19
Our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best possible care for children. We have taken unprecedented steps to ensure office visits and procedures are welcoming and safe. Your child’s health and safety is our top priority. Learn more.
The Epilepsy Program at MassGeneral Hospital for Children serves patients with seizures and related disorders. The service sees patients in all phases of their illness, from assessment after an initial event in our First Seizure Unit through evaluation of refractory seizure disorders in patients who have not been easily controlled.
A comprehensive epilepsy surgery program complements the latest medical therapy, including investigational new drugs, as required. Additional services include a comprehensive wellness program, second opinions, review of neuropathological and radiographic materials, neurogenetic assessment, ketogenic diet program and psychiatric evaluation.
State-of-the-Art Facilities and Cutting-Edge Treatment
State-of-the-art neurophysiology and neuroradiological diagnostic facilities supplement expert consultation. To assist in accurate diagnosis and treatment, inpatient and ambulatory long-term video-EEG monitoring using digital technology with computer assisted event detection, sophisticated MRI imaging and spectroscopy, functional imaging using MRI and PET scanning, and detailed neuropsychological testing are available.
Get to know the doctors and nurses on our team.
- Director, Neonatal and Pediatric Continuous EEG Monitoring
- Staff Neuropsychologist, MGH Psychology Assessment Center
- Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Department of Neurology
- Director, Angelman Syndrome Clinic
- Director, Dup15q Center
- Co-Director, Pitt Hopkins Clinic
- Director, Pediatric Epilepsy Program
- Director, Carol and James Herscot Center for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
- Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Patricia L. Bruno, RN, BSN
- Heidi H. Pfeifer, RD, LDN
- Amanda Tourjee, DNP