Pediatric Pancreas Center
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
55 Fruit Street, Suite 6B
Boston, MA 02114
Explore This Center
MassGeneral Hospital for Children has been designated as a National Pancreas Foundation Center for the treatment and care of children with pancreatic disease. This designation recognizes our physicians' expertise and the center's multi-disciplinary team approach to the diagnosis and treatment of pancreatitis and related conditions.
Working closely with the Adult Pancreas and Biliary Program and the Pancreas/Islet Transplant Program, our center deals with the diagnosis, medical management and surgical management of pancreatic disease. Massachusetts General Hospital is a leader in pancreas and islet cell transplant, a pioneering, minimally invasive technique that replaces the insulin producing cells of the pancreas with less surgical risk and a shorter recovery time than a whole-organ transplant.
When you come to the Pancreas Center at MassGeneral Hospital for Children, you know you'll be receiving world class, cutting edge pancreatic care from our nation's top doctors and researchers. Our center is a member of the INSPPIRE consortium with NIH funded research in all aspects of pediatric pancreatic disease. We are also a member of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic cysts and tumors
- Cystic fibrosis related pancreatic disease
Our doctors are at the forefront of pancreatic research. Below are a few of the many projects our doctors have worked on:
- Impact of Obesity on Pediatric Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Pancreas Divisum in Pediatric Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Report from INSPPIRE
- Recommendations for Diagnosis and Management of Autoimmune Pancreatitis: Consensus from INSPPIRE
- Autoimmune Pancreatitis in Children: Characteristic Features, Diagnosis, and Management