What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?
The symptoms of sleep apnea affect sleep, school and everyday activities. It can also cause other symptoms.
- Loud snoring
- Pause in breathing while sleeping (You might notice this before your child does.)
- Restlessness or trouble sleeping
- School and everyday activities
- Not doing well in school
- Trouble concentrating or staying awake during the day, even after getting a full night's sleep
- Headaches or dry throat, especially in the morning
Rev. 2/2018. MassGeneral Hospital for Children and Massachusetts General Hospital do not endorse any of the brands listed on this handout. This webpage is intended to provide health information so that you can be better informed. It is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to treatment of any medical conditions.