How Much Vitamin D Does My Child Need Every Day?
The amount of vitamin D a person needs every day depends on their age:
- Infants under 1 year need 400 International Units (IU) of vitamin D. While breastmilk is very healthy for babies, it is a not a good source of vitamin D. In addition, while infant formulas typically have added vitamin D, most infants do not take enough each day to get their full requirement. Most infants should get a supplement containing 400 IUs of vitamin D.
- Children older than 1 year need 600 IUs of vitamin D.
- About Vitamin D Deficiency
- How Much Vitamin D Children Need
- Effects of Low Vitamin D Levels