What to Expect
At Mass General Dermatology all of our locations are open for in-person appointments. If you already have an appointment, we look forward to seeing you. We continue to offer virtual visit via telephone when appropriate.
Your health and safety remain our top priority and our dermatology team is here for you.
Our Safe Care Commitment: Screen-Clean-Protect
January 11, 2022
Masks are required for all Mass General patients and a single visitor is allowed. How it works is - During check in patients and a visitor will be given a clean surgical mask provided by our office. Make sure your mask covers your nose and mouth. Please keep the mask on until you are outside of the building.
In accordance with the CDC, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and Mass General Brigham guidelines, our center has taken the necessary precautions to keep our patients and staff safe during this time. Some of these measures include:
- Pre-visit patient screening with a COVID questionnaire
- Upon arrival for your visit, you will be asked to maintain adequate distancing, wear a mask that we provide, and to sanitize your hands.
- We adhere to strict protocol for sanitizing offices, treatment rooms, and equipment.
- Patient should expect to wear the surgical mask for the duration of the appointment and should only be removed at the specific direction of the physician or nurse.
- Staff wears personal protective equipment and supports social distancing.
Visitor Policy During COVID-19
- Due to physical space constraints, only one visitor is allowed in Mass General ambulatory practices.
- Exceptions for a one visitor may be granted for patients with special considerations (such as patients who require assistance with mobility or support, patients with disabilities and pediatric patients).
- Pediatric Dermatology patients should be accompanied by one or both parents or an adult caregiver only.
- (other household member should not attend the appointment as well).
- If you feel you require an exception, you must advise staff and receive approval at the time you schedule an appointment.
- Visitors will also require pre-visit screening and must adhere to masking policy.
How to Contact Us
- Medical Dermatology (Boston and Danvers) 617-726-2914
- Dermatologic Surgery (Boston) 617-726-1869
- Laser & Cosmetic Center (Boston) 617-724-6960
- High Risk Skin Cancer Clinic (Boston) 617-726-6097
- Melanoma Center Pigmented Lesion Clinic (Boston) 617-724-6082
- Momtaz Phototherapy Center (Boston) 617-643-2688
- More detailed information on the Mass General Visitor Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions About Coming to Mass General
In these extraordinary times, it is particularly important that you get the care you need for your health conditions. At Massachusetts General Hospital, our dedicated physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing the best possible specialty care—safely and effectively.