A recognized leader in healthcare emergency preparedness, the Center for Disaster Medicine is dedicated to educating the next generation of disaster medicine specialists.
The Center for Disaster Medicine develops, facilitates and oversees education and training for hospitals, health systems, businesses and others seeking to optimize their emergency management efforts. Courses are:
- Scalable and customizable
- Delivered through various mediums (instructor-led, webinar, virtual)
- Compliant with standard-setting organizations and agencies
Fully developed courses are available on the following topics:
- Introduction to Emergency Management
- Adopting an Incident Management System
- Emergency Management Program Management
- Leadership and Team Building
- The Role of Healthcare Systems in Emergency Planning
- Training and Exercise Program Development
- Exercise Design, Facilitation and Evaluation
- After-Action Reporting and Improvement Planning
- Employee Preparedness at Work and at Home
- Employee Roles During Disaster
- Patient Decontamination
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Biological Threats / Infectious Disease Planning (e.g. Ebola, MERS-CoV)
- Mass Casualty Triage
- Hospital Evacuation
- Patient Surge
- Ethics in Disaster / Crisis Standards of Care
- Labor Pool Operations
Personalized training courses can be developed by our curriculum design team to meet the specific and unique needs of our clients.
Disaster Medicine Fellowship
The Mass General Disaster Medicine fellowship is designed to provide graduates with advanced training in disaster medicine and emergency preparedness.
How To Apply
To inquire about training and fellowship opportunities, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.