The Role of Research at the Center for Disaster Medicine
Staff at the Center for Disaster Medicine conduct research into the optimal actions and systems that support effective disaster medical response and health system operations in emergencies.
Current focus areas that are actively investigated by our center include:
- Regional biothreats unit planning and coordination of efforts
- Optimization of no-notice event response protocols
- Examination of the balance of planning at the hospital and system levels
- Effective inpatient and outpatient surge planning
- Effective disaster education for clinical staff
Explore current research projects in the Center for Disaster Medicine and Department of Emergency Medicine.
Division of Research in Emergency Medicine
The Division of Research in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital pursues a highly active research agenda.
Emergency Medicine Network
The Emergency Medicine Network's (EMNet) mission is to advance public health objectives through diverse projects in emergency care, particularly through multicenter clinical research.
Emergency Medicine Research Project Inventory (PDF download)
The Mass General Department of Emergency Medicine is home to many ongoing research projects which include studies on cardiovascular, neurologic, pulmonary, infectious, mental health and traumatic emergencies.