In this presentation from February 3, 2022, Dr. Daniel Chung discusses specific risks for colon cancer that can help guide your choice of screening test.
Daniel Chung, MD
Daniel Chung, MD
Medical Co-Director, Center for Cancer Risk Assessment
Director, High-Risk GI Cancer Clinic
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Gastroenterology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary cancer syndromes.
- Cancer surveillance in hereditary cancer syndromes.
- New approaches to colon cancer screening.
- The hypoxic microenvironment in colon cancer.
- Angiogenesis in colon cancer.
- Molecular genetics of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- Mizukami Y, Jo WS, Duerr EM, Gala M, Li J, Zhang XB, Zimmer MA, Iliopoulos O, Zukerberg LR, Lynch MP, Rueda BR, Chung DC. Induction of interleukin-8 preserves the angiogenic response in HIF-1 deficient colon cancer cells. Nature Medicine, 2005, 11:992-97.
- Pino MS, Kikuchi H, Zeng M, Herraiz MT, Sperduti I, Berger D, Park DY, Iafrate AJ, Zukerberg LR, Chung DC. The epithelial to mesenchymal transition is impaired in colon cancer cells with microsatellite instability. Gastroenterology. 2009 Dec 21
- Gala MK, Mizukami Y, Le LP, Moriichi K, Austin T, Yamamoto M, Lauwers GY, Bardeesy N, Chung DC. Germline mutations in oncogene-induced senescence pathways are associated with multiple sessile serrated adenomas. Gastroenterology. 2014;146(2):520-9. PMID: 24512911
- Adar T, Rodgers LH, Shannon KM, Yoshida M, Ma T, Mattia A, Lauwers GY, Iafrate AJ, Chung DC. A tailored approach to BRAF and MLH1 methylation testing in a universal screening program for Lynch syndrome. Mod Pathol. 2017;30(3):440-7. PMID: 28059100.
- Adar T, Rodgers LH, Shannon KM, Yoshida M, Ma T, Mattia A, Lauwers GY, Iafrate AJ, Hartford NM, Oliva E, Chung DC. Universal screening of both endometrial and colon cancers increases the detection of Lynch syndrome. Cancer. 2018 May 11. PMID: 29750335
- Nguyen LH, Goel A, Chung DC. Pathways of colorectal carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2019 Oct 14. pii: S0016-5085(19)41441-8. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2019.08.059. PMID: 3162262
Related News and Articles
- Dec | 1 | 2021
Learn about screening, prevention, medical management and treatment options for those with gene mutations or those at hereditary risk for pancreatic cancer.