Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
MGH Dental Group Danvers
104 Endicott St
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- DMD, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kaban founded the Skeletal Biology Research Center (SBRC) in 1994, in order to promote reduced surgical morbidity and better clinical outcomes for patients with traumatic injury, congenital and acquired anomalies, and diseases of the face and jaw. Working in partnership with academia and industry, the SBRC has contributed important advances to the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including refinement of minimally invasive surgical techniques for OMS, engineering of a distraction device for curvilinear movement along the face and jaws, tissue engineering, and computerized three-dimensional treatment planning.
- Kaban, L.B., Seldin, E.B., Kikinis, R., Yeshwant, K., Padwa, B.L., Troulis, M.J.: Clinical Application of Curvilinear Distraction Osteogenesis for Correction of Mandibular Deformities. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 67:996-1008, 2009.
- Kaban, LB, Bouchard, C, Troulis, MJ: A Protocol for Management of Temporomandibular Joint Ankylosis in Children. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 67:1966-1978, 2009.
- Susarla, SM, August, M, Kaban, LB: Immunohistochemical evaluation of giant cell tumors of the jaws using CD34 density analysis. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 66:928-933, 2008.
- Troulis, MJ, Tayebaty, F, Papadaki, M, Williams, WB, Kaban, LB: Condylectomy and costochondral graft reconstruction for treatment of active idiopathic condylar resorption. J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 66:65-72, 2008.
- Thurmueller, P, Troulis, MJ, Rosenberg, A, Chuang, SK, Kaban, LB: Microscopic changes in the condyle and disc in response to distraction osteogenesis of the minipig mandible. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64(2):249-258, 2006.
- Troulis, MJ, Williams, WB, Kaban, LB: Endoscopic mandibular condylectomy and reconstruction: Early clinical results. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:460-465, 2004.
- Kaban LB, Troulis MJ, editors. Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2004.
Dr. Kaban's Harvard Catalyst page