Jesse B. Jupiter, MD, of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, has been honored as the First Distinguished Alumnus of the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Hand Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, 1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Jupiter has been involved in clinical research investigating the outcome of many problems involving the upper limb, in both retrospective and prospective studies.
Dr. Jupiter has worked on the development of new surgical methods, implants, and basic research in aspects of upper limb function. The research work is reflected in the more than 500 publications and numerous textbook chapters and textbooks that Dr. Jupiter has written or edited.
Watch Dr. Jupiter give a Grand Rounds lecture at MassGeneral.
Dr. Jupiter has published over 220 original publications, 140 analytic reviews, 115 chapters in scientific texts, and was co-author or co-editor of 10 major texts in upper limb and Orthopaedic problems.
- Jupiter JB, Marent-Huber M; LCP Study Group. Operative management of distal radial fractures with 2.4-millimeter locking plates: a multicenter prospective case series. Surgical technique. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010 Mar;92 Suppl 1 Pt 1:96-106.
- Jupiter JB, Fernandez DL, Levin LS, Wysocki RW. Reconstruction of posttraumatic disorders of the forearm. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009 Nov;91(11):2730-9.
- Kadzielski J, Malhotra LR, Zurakowski D, Lee SG, Jupiter JB, Ring D. Evaluation of preoperative expectations and patient satisfaction after carpal tunnel release. J Hand Surg Am. 2008 Dec;33(10):1783-8.
- Shin EK, Jupiter JB. Radioscapholunate arthrodesis for advanced degenerative radiocarpal osteoarthritis. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2007 Sep;11(3):180-3.
- Nazzal A, Lozano-Calderón S, Jupiter JB, Rosenzweig JS, Randolph MA, Lee SG. A histologic analysis of the effects of stainless steel and titanium implants adjacent to tendons: an experimental rabbit study. J Hand Surg Am. 2006 Sep;31(7):1123-30.
- Jupiter J ed. AO Manual of Elbow and Forearm Trauma. Dubendorf, AO Publishing 2008.
- Patient Story
- Jan | 1 | 2019
Gary got back to spending quality time with grandkids after seeing the orthopaedic specialists at Mass General
Gary got back to spending quality time with grandkids after seeing the orthopaedic specialists at Mass General.
- Jul | 18 | 2019
Jesse Jupiter, MD, a hand and arm surgeon, was recognized as an International Pioneer in Hand Surgery.