Emily Falkenstein has spent her entire life living with a congenital heart defect. Beginning with an initial heart attack in infancy, Emily has received her care at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Research Institute
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Vlahakes conducts research relevant to mitral valve physiology in heart failure and right heart function.