Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Center
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3A
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Mansfield's research interests have centered around techniques of spinal fusion.
- Ghogawala Z, Mansfield FL, Borges LF. Spinal radiation before surgical decompression adversely affects outcomes of surgery for symptomatic metastatic spinal cord compression. Spine 2001;26(7):818-24.
- Sanpakit S, Mansfield FL, Liebsch NJ. The role of onlay grafting with minimal internal fixation for occipitocervical fusion in oncologic patients. Journal of Spinal Disorders 2000;13:382-90.
- Kim S, Rodrigue SW, Mansfield FL. Nonoperative treatment for lumbar disc herniation with radiculopathy and for lumbar spinal stenosis. Current Opinion in Orthopedics 1999;10(2):137-41.
- Carlson JR, Heller JG, Mansfield FL, Pedlow FX. Traumatic open anterior lumbosacral fracture dislocation: a report of two cases. Spine 1999;24:184-8.
- Rechtine GR, Sutterlin CE, Wood GW, Boyd RJ, Mansfield FL. The efficacy of pedicle screw/plate fixation on lumbar/lumbosacral autogenous bone graft fusion in adult patients with degenerative spondylolisthesis. Journal of Spinal Disorders, 1999;9:382-91.