Departments, Centers, & Programs:
15 Parkman St
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research activities have focused on three major areas:
- Interventional Endoscopic techniques including choledochoscopy
- Gastrointestinal bleeding including the diagnosis and management of obscure GI bleeding.
- The creation of an internet based, free access, web site that includes over 900 video clips, grand rounds topics and journal club forums.
- Lower gastrointestinal bleeding. Bounds BC, Kelsey PB. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2007 Apr;17(2):273-88, vi. Review.
- A randomized trial comparing uncovered and partially covered self-expandable metal stents in the palliation of distal malignant biliary obstruction. Telford JJ, Carr-Locke DL, Baron TH, Poneros JM, Bounds BC, Kelsey PB, Schapiro RH, Huang CS, Lichtenstein DR, Jacobson BC, Saltzman JR, Thompson CC, Forcione DG, Gostout CJ, Brugge WR. Gastrointest Endosc. 2010 Nov;72(5):907-14.