Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Iceland Faculty of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, University of Iceland Faculty of Medicine
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests include pathology and biology of bone and soft tissue tumors and the application of ancillary studies in the diagnosis of bone and soft tissue neoplasms. Dr. Nielsen is especially interested in chordoma research. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Nielsen's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Giant Cell Tumor of the Uterus: A Report of 3 Cases With a Spectrum of Morphologic Features. Bennett JA, Sanada S, Selig MK, Hariri LP, Nielsen GP, Oliva E. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2015 Apr 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- SMARCB1-deficient Vulvar Neoplasms: A Clinicopathologic, Immunohistochemical, and Molecular Genetic Study of 14 Cases. Folpe AL, Schoolmeester JK, McCluggage WG, Sullivan LM, Castagna K, Ahrens WA, Oliva E, Biegel JA, Nielsen GP. Am J Surg Pathol. 2015 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cytomorphologic features that distinguish schwannoma from other low-grade spindle cell lesions. Chebib I, Hornicek FJ, Nielsen GP, Deshpande V. Cancer Cytopathol. 2015 Mar;123(3):171-9. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21506. Epub 2015 Jan 8.