Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Center
25 New Chardon Street
Boston, MA 02114-4774
- MD, UMASS Medical School
- Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Thorndike's current research focuses on population-based approaches that utilize behavioral economics strategies to promote healthy food choices in worksite and community environments.
- Thorndike AN, Sonnenberg L, Riis J, Barraclough S, Levy DE. A 2-phase labeling and choice architecture intervention to improve healthy food and beverage choices. American Journal of Public Health. 2012:102:527-533. PMCID: PMC3329221.
- Levy DE, Riis J, Sonnenberg LM, Barraclough SJ, Thorndike AN. Food choices of minority and low-income employees: a cafeteria intervention. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2012;43:240-248. PMCID: PMC3422505
- Thorndike AN, Riis J, Sonnenberg L, Levy DE. Traffic light-light labels and choice architecture: promoting healthy food choices. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2014;46:143-149. PMCID: PMC3911887.