Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Nice - France
- Residency, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center
- Fellowship, Englewood Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Tambouret's laboratory research involves the evaluation of the enhancement of cervical cytology screening by application of an immunocytochemical stain containing antibodies with specificity for topoisomerase 2a and for minichromosome maintenance 5 protein. She is also working on evaluation of the effect of senescence on cells in cervical cytology specimens by the use of beta-galactosidase reaction. Her research interests include:
- Cytopathology: histologic, cytogenetic and molecular correlation
- Gynecologic pathology: histologic-molecular correlation of gynecologic tumors
- Trends in Cervical Cytology Screening and Reporting Practices: Results From the College of American Pathologists 2011 PAP Education Supplemental Questionnaire. Crothers BA, Darragh TM, Tambouret RH, Nayar R, Barkan GA, Zhao C, Booth CN, Padmanabhan V, Tabatabai ZL, Souers RJ, Thomas N, Wilbur DC, Moriarty AT. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015 Jun 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Digital diffraction analysis enables low-cost molecular diagnostics on a smartphone. Im H, Castro CM, Shao H, Liong M, Song J, Pathania D, Fexon L, Min C, Avila-Wallace M, Zurkiya O, Rho J, Magaoay B, Tambouret RH, Pivovarov M, Weissleder R, Lee H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 5;112(18):5613-8. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1501815112. Epub 2015 Apr 13.
- HER2 over-expressing high grade endometrial cancer expresses high levels of p95HER2 variant. Growdon WB, Groeneweg J, Byron V, DiGloria C, Borger DR, Tambouret R, Foster R, Chenna A, Sperinde J, Winslow J, Rueda BR. Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Apr;137(1):160-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.01.533. Epub 2015 Jan 17.