Departments, Centers, & Programs:
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Burnett-Bowie's research is focused on skeletal and non-skeletal consequences of vitamin D deficiency, and clinical trials of treatments for osteoporosis.
- Burnett, SM, S Gunawardene, FR Bringhurst et al. Regulation of c-terminal and intact FGF23 by dietary phosphate in men and women. JBMR 2006.
- Burnett-Bowie, SM , BZ Leder, MP Henao et al. Randomized trial assessing the effects of ergocalciferol administration on circulating FGF23. CJASN 2012.
- Mitchell, DM, MP Henao, JS Finkelstein, SM Burnett-Bowie. Prevalence & predictors of vitamin D deficiency in healthy adults. JCEM 2012.
- Tsai, JN, Uihlein, AV, H Lee et al. Teriparatide & denosumab, alone or combined, in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis: the DATA study randomised trial. Lancet 2013
- Finkelstein , JS, H. Lee, SM Burnett-Bowie et al. Gonadal steroids & body composition, strength, and sexual function in men. NEJM 2013