Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Neurology Associates - Nerve Unit
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MD, PhD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency, New Jersey Medical School GME-UMDNJ
- Fellowship, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Find research articles about Dr. Oaklander's fibromyalgia research on PubMed.
Research summary and information for patients: http://www.massgeneral.org/neurology/assets/fms_for%20FMS%20patients.doc
News media reports about Dr. Oaklander's research and Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH): http://www.massgeneral.org/neurology/news/newsCoverageNeurology.aspx
Neurology news from MGH: http://www.massgeneral.org/neurology/news/
- Amato AA, Oaklander AL. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 16-2004. A 76-year-old woman with numbness and pain in the feet and legs. N Engl J Med 2004;350:2181-2189.
- Oaklander AL, Herzog ZD, Downs HM, Klein MM. Objective evidence that small-fiber polyneuropathy underlies some illnesses currently labeled as fibromyalgia. Pain 2013.
- Oaklander AL, Klein MM. Evidence of small-fiber polyneuropathy in unexplained, juvenile-onset, widespread pain syndromes. Pediatrics 2013;131:e1091-e1100.