Moussa Mansour, MD
Moussa Mansour, MD
Associate Professor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Director, Atrial Fibrillation Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Heart Center: Electrophysiology Lab
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, American University of Beirut
- Residency, Detroit Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Mansour's area of research is catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. He is participating in numerous studies with the objective of finding safer and more effective ways to treat this arrhythmia. Some of the tools he is investigating are the cryoballoon and the LASER balloon for pulmonary vein isolation. Dr Mansour is also involved in NIH-sponsored research aiming at defining the indications for atrial fibrillation ablation and identifying patients groups who will benefit from the procedure and comparing it to pharmacological treatment. Another area of research that Dr Mansour is involved in is stroke prevention for atrial fibrillation using non-pharmacological tools such as the left atrial appendage occlusion device, which may have significant value for patients taking warfarin.
- Mansour M, Refaat M, Heist K, Mela T, Cury R, Holmvang G , Ruskin J. Three-Dimensional Anatomy of the Left Atrium by Magnetic Resonance Angiography Implications for Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 2006;(17):719-723
- Mansour M, Reddy V, Singh V, Mela T, Rasche V, Ruskin J. Three-dimensional reconstruction of the coronary sinus using rotational angiography. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2005 Jun;16(6):675-6.
- Mansour M, Holmvang G, Ruskin J. Usefulness of Imaging Techniques in Preparation of Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 2004;15:1107-1108
- Mansour M, Ruskin J, Keane D. Efficacy and Safety of Segmental Ostial versus Circumferential Extra-Ostial Pulmonary Vein Isolation for Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 2004; 15:532-537.